Our clubhouse was built over 80 years ago and has certainly stood the test of time and served Milford well! However, it is gradually subsiding and is not seismically safe by today’s standards.
Engineers endeavoured to come up with a suitable refurbishment programme. However, it has become apparent that our original repair proposals would not fully resolve the earthquake safety of the building. The Club Committee has assessed that it is uneconomic to repair the existing clubhouse; it needs to be replaced. To this end, the committee with Warren Payne (club member) of Ashton Mitchell, architects has committed to design a wonderful new clubhouse for all members to enjoy for many years into the future. This will be built on the land between the Top and Bottom courts, providing viewing of all 6 courts and Lake Pupuke.
Click below to download our concept plans prepared by Warren and his colleagues at Ashton Mitchell
An exciting prospect indeed!
We are making great progress viz:
- a new 30 year lease from Auckland Council.
- Resource Consent granted & Building Consent applied for.
- Funding from Auckland Council, Youthtown and Foundation North (formerly ASB Trust)
- Several successful fundraising events (see below).
May 2016 our plans were costed by a Quantity Surveyor and we put the project out to tender. Sadly, the NZ construction boom meant construction materials and labour costs had risen dramatically and we had a sizeable funding gap.
Since then, the committee and Warren have tried to identify ways in which we can reduce costs and raise money - a Givealittle campaign was launched https://givealittle.co.nz/search?q=milford+tennis
Warren has revisited his plans and we are now confident we have a design we can affordg. We hope to go out to tender August 18 and commence build Nov 18
End of an Era Quiz Night August '15 Raised over $8000
Thanks to our Quizmaster, Ian Masefield and all our sponsors:
- Bread and Butter Bakery & Café
- Penny’s Worth Ltd - business solutions
- Milford Shopping Centre
- Just Workout
- Pens Online
- Pak n Save, Wairau Park
- Citta Design
- Aubergine Restaurant
- Bridgeway Cinema
- Swiss Cafe
- Auckland Live
- Frog in a Barrel
- GPK Takapuna
- Berkeley Cinema
- Chris & Lynette Howell
- H I P G R O U P
- Vauxhall Café
- La Tropezienne French café
End of an Era Dinner & Dance Nov '14- our inaugural fundraiser. Raised over $17,000.
Thanks to all our members and the Milford Business Community who got behind this event, buying tickets and donating auction items.
- Hirepool - who decorated the hall, providing all the hire equipment and donated a $300 power drill and vouchers for the auction.
- The Crean Family - who donated their Fiji Holiday Home for 7 days. Click here for details. Contact Andrew for more information on 413 8513 or 021 419212
- Tennis Northern - who donated their box at the ASB Classic
- Simon Rea and Sam Stozur - who donated a signed racket & shoes and tennis clothing, plus Sam's signed US Open badge!
- Marina Erakovic - who donated signed tennis shoes.
- Jeff Simpson from the tennis Shop at Albany Tennis Park - a brand new racket
- Kevin Goodall - a Builder for a day!
- The Wild Family - a case of wine
- Jeff Bryce - a brand new George Forman slow cooker
- Shelley Bryce - tennis lessons!
- Claire Designer Clothes - Clothing vouchers
- Next to Skin Fine Lingerie - clothing voucher
- The Cheese Room, Milford - vouchers
- On the PULSE - sports massage vouchers
- La Tropezienne Cafe, Milford - desserts
- Josie Cunningham Flowers - Josie will decorate the Hall with gorgeous flowers and candles.
- David Fletcher - a scenic flight over Auckland
- Ronan Payne - a junior member who has donated a brand new racket he won at a tournament.
- Andrea Moses - lunch for 8 at her lovely waterfront home.
- New World, Milford - vouchers and a hamper
- Perfection Nails & Spa - manicure
- Cafe Melba - vouchers
- Dale Taylor - christmas cakes.
- Pak n Save, Wairau Park - Hamper
- The Beale Family - a signed Blues shirt
- Graham Saunderson - a bottle of Piper Heidsieck French champage
- The Mat YOGA, Milford - concession cards
- Frog in a Barrel - bottles of wine
- Pepitos tapas Bar - a gift basket of Spanish wine and food
- Unichem Pharmacy - cosmetics
- Urs & Deon - Bunnings & Plant Barn gift cards
- Countdown - gift card
- Tea Total cafe - cafe vouchers
- Tango's - scarf
- Xerox - ticket and poster printing
- Berkeley Cinema, Takapuna - complimentary movie tickets
- Swiss Cafe & Bakery - vouchers and delicious goodies
- Kauri Property maintenance - 2 guys for half a day,weeding, lawn mowing, hedge cutting, section clean ups, garden makeovers.
- Bakers delight - bread and cakes
Thanks so much to our sponsors. Please support them.